Friday, March 20, 2009

Project Day - Vintage Oars

When I saw these old weathered vintage oars for sale on Ebay I couldn't resist them. I drilled small holes in the back of each one and mounted them on nails to my living room wall. One of them is more worn than the other and every time I look at them I wonder why. Was one used more to push away at rocks ? Or was there an accident that caused the damage? Whatever it was I am glad I own them as they are one of my favourite items at home. You can easily re create this look. Just search "oars" on Ebay. You can also pick new ones up at selected marine stores ( and then rough them up ). It's such a simple thing to do. If you don't wish to mount them on your wall you can always just place them in a corner somewhere (see yesterday's post). Have a great weekend and I will be back on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I actually did the same thing. I took paddles that I got at the flea market and put them on my wall. It's amazing how artistic the paddles can make your home look.


Thanks for your thoughts. We read every comment and appreciate your feedback.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin