Thursday, March 19, 2009

Shades of Blue


These colours work so well for me. Shades of blues mixed with white create such a relaxed and cosy feeling. It is instant. Do you have a small area at home where you could create such a place? All you need is a couple of old chairs and a pot of flowers. It doesn't have to be outside either. Even a small corner or an unused side wall. Notice the oars in the corner? I recently purchased some for my own home. Stay tuned for tomorrows "project day" when I will show you what I have done with them and how you can do the same.

3 comments:

  1. Adorable-- I love the splashes of pink as well-- This is the color palette of my home (in a nutshell)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi- I love the chairs! I have a front porch and 2 chairs just like those, but they are very worn and weathered. Could I prime and paint over the ugliness? They are grayish all over now and I cannot get it clean. Want to paint over it- what would you suggest? Thanks!

    -April

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on the lookout for two of those very chairs; love them. We have a place near us called Little Italy. It is in the heart of downtown San Diego. It's a walking town and there is a store with two of those rockers out front. Thousands of people have sat on them to chat in the neighborhood and rest their weary feet. I once asked if they would be willing to sell them. I think it would be so awesome to have chairs with a history. Especially since I have been one of the people who has enjoyed them so much. I have the perfect spot in my front courtyard just screaming for two chairs and a pot of flowers. What do you think? Should I buy them?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts. We read every comment and appreciate your feedback.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin