Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Old Fashioned Sweet Treats


I have to admit. I can't bake very well. But this book I has inspired me to try a little harder. It is beautifully presented and the photo's are so lovely. It is called Afternoon Tea and its published by Frankie magazine. It is packed with old fashioned treat recipes. Like caramel slice and choc chip cookies. Yum. But more importantly for me it brings back memories of when I was a child and mum (or grand-ma) used to cook biscuits and cakes for us. The baking smells wafted through the entire house. And my two sisters and I used to fight over who was going to lick the beaters from the mix master first! OK, so page 44: I am going to try the crunchy pink coconut slice first I think. Here goes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. We read every comment and appreciate your feedback.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin