Friday, April 17, 2009

Project Day: Revamp an Old Chair



It's Friday again and it's project day again. Today I want to show you what I did with an old kitchen chair I found at the dump and purchased for $5.00. It was so horribly brown and ugly. I roughly sanded it back with an electric sander then painted it white. I found an old pillow case that I cut up and placed over the seat (no sewing required as seams were already there). To finish it off I roughed it up a little to create some wear and tear. All up it took a little over 2 hours to do. I loved the end result so much I went back and purchased the other 3 matching chairs that were left behind. I will give them all the same kind of treatment. I think they kind of like it. Have a great weekend.

9 comments:

  1. oh my the chair is gorgeous! I'm, so glad you decided to rescue them all

    ReplyDelete
  2. g'day simone

    thanks so much for poppiny by the cottage, love your chair it's fantastic and even better that you found it at the tip, don't you just love the fact that you saved them from landfill, i think that's one of the best things about thrifted stuff, don't you

    I just sat down with a cup of tea for a look around

    hope the weather is good for you up there, it's a funny day here, sun, rain, cloud and wind all so far this morning


    happy days!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like night and day. Gorgeous! Just love small projects with big results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. in love with your blog and this chair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your blog!! Fantastic, i love this chair, so inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts. We read every comment and appreciate your feedback.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin