Friday, May 1, 2009

Project Day: Child's Vintage Swimsuit


Some time ago I feel in love with a gorgeous girl's vintage swimsuit for sale on EBay. I had no idea what I would do with it at the time. I was lucky enough to win the auction. When it arrived I decided it was to wonderful to just put away in the cupboard, so I decided to frame it. I bought this white frame at Ikea and placed the swimsuit inside. At present it hangs in my guest bathroom and always gets lots of comments from friends. It really is a simple idea and I am sure anyone could do it! Next Friday I will show you how I expanded on this idea. Have a great weekend (a long weekend in Queensland), so I shall be back on Tuesday. I am hoping for one last swim in the ocean before it gets too cold!

15 comments:

  1. you get a holiday! lucky things

    love the swimsuit, saw that in a magazine with baby's christening clothes, looks divine, nice work, I sure need a trip to Ikea

    have a nice dip

    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so clever and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun swimsuit. I love vintage items and it is wonderful how a frame can transform so many pieces. Hope you have a wonderful long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! What a great, unique and creative idea. Please have a look at my blog:

    prettypollysprettythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is so cute! It's such a creative and unique idea. Please check out my blog:

    http://prettypollysprettythings.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it amazing how a simple little costume can be transformed into beautiful piece of art once framed.Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh that's perfect for a little mermaid !^^
    bisous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simone, you do realize that you won the necklace giveaway on my blog, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Angela. OMG, forgive me being a public holiday weekend, and being so non attentive, I had no idea. OMG, I am thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Simone

    Love the framed swimsuit! I'm a big fan of framing unusual things - it makes such interesting and individual artwork.

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty little swimsuit - no wonder you had to bid for it!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is sooo cute! I love that you framed it and made it artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea Simone - and such a pretty little suit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, how lovely this swinsuit is. Off to ebay I go (like that's never happened). Love your blog, you're very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Muito lindo , parabéns é realmente lindo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts. We read every comment and appreciate your feedback.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin