I bought this little lamp for a $3 at the dump some time ago. It had been sitting in my back room waiting for some inspiration. Some came yesterday when I saw some photos in a magazine of my friend Anna's shop Black and Spiro. She had the most beautiful lamp! It had a bright blue base, floral shade and red pom pom fringe. It was just stunning. So here's what I did:
- Took the lamp apart.
- Painted the base (2 coats).
- Made a template of the shade on some paper (measure circumference on either end + length).
- Cut out the fabric leaving about an inch around so as you can tuck/fold the edge under.
- Hot glue gun around the edges of the top and bottom of the shade and carefully attach fabric to the shade. Fold/glue edges under.
- Hot glued the pom pom fringing around the bottom edge.
- Put the lamp back together.
I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. I have had a real tough week and appreciate all your lovely comments regarding my beautiful dog Truman. Thank-you. Simone xx