Friday, July 31, 2009

Project Day: Driftwood Fish




Sometimes I can see things in objects. Whilst gathering some driftwood for a fire I started noticing one of the sticks looked like a fish head. Then I saw a tail, and some bones. So it started from there and progressed to this weeks project.
  • Gather some driftwood or sticks in different sizes. The most important piece is the head so it may take some time to find this.
  • I have used 3 x adhesive backed protector squares. These are meant for furniture items so they don't scratch the floor. I bought mine from the local hardware store for $4.95 a set.
  • Arrange the pieces on a flat surface as shown.
  • Using strong adhesive, glue each piece of wood onto the mat as shown. What until it dries completely.
  • Peel the backing off the mat and stick straight to any clean surface. Bear in mind that once on a wall it is final. To remove it will wreck the backing mat and the artwork. I have placed mine on an ugly wall in my bathroom (it is being renovated next year anyway).
I hope this weekend is filled with love and joy for all of you. Regards Simone xx

27 comments:

  1. This was a great idea! I have so many loose pieces of driftwood, just collected in boxes and bins and baskets, here and there throughout the house, now I am inspired to do more with them than just admire! Thanks!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Simone! That looks like something from an art gallery! I love it! It's great to make works of art from found objects. Have a lovely weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant brilliant idea.
    I wish we had driftwood in Florida!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, u have an imagination!.. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noe THAT, is thinking outside the box!!! Wow!

    m ^..^
    (tales from an OC prison)

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing idea....you smart gal you!!! Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always see things in objects, like driftwood and clouds and rocks. I love it when other people do as well. I think your project looks exactly like a fish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh!!! This is so cool. the fish looks so wonderful on that blue wall. Thanks for the tutorial. Now all I need is an avenue for drift wood.
    Happy Friday!
    xxx kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!That is awesome!!I love when you can create something using natural things...bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simone, this is such a quiet, sweet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo! I just LOVE this! I have a few pieces of driftwood collected from the beach, but not enough. You are too clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! You find all that wonderful driftwood..., and of course you find the perfect way to display it. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how fortunate you are to have all of this wonderful natural material at your fingertip!! The finished product could be hung in a gallery!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simone, your fish is gorgeous - original and so creative! Have a lovely weekend. Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, what a great piece of artwork Simone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous idea! You are so creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That came out great! Love it...especially how you made it stretch across three panels. Nice project.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, you have an artistic eye. I love drift wood project. It truly is an art piece. My sister created a bird out of drift wood and mounted it on top a finale and it looks fabulous. This post sparked my imagination. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! And bringing nature inside is always a favorite- great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well done Simone I love it you are definetly one creative lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is great , i love it !
    Rini the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely blog! Thanks for popping in and commenting or I would have never found you!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really love this idea! it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  24. nice fish, what kind of bait did you use?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts. We read every comment and appreciate your feedback.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin