This poor little vintage bedroom chair has seen better days. I picked it up for a song as the upholstery is in a bad way. I tried to use some stain remover and found it ate away at the fabric too much. So I have decided to leave it as is until I get it recovered sometime soon. But in the meantime I thought I would pretty it up. Here's what I did:
- I bought some pre made yo yo's in bulk (etsy) in 2 sizes.
- Raided my button collection for 5 vintage buttons (all mismatched).
- Using a needle & thread sew 1 x large yo yo, 1 small yo yo and 1 button in a stack (see photo # 2).
- Leave some length of thread on the back of each completed yo yo stack ( see photo # 2)
- Using that length, twist each stack onto the original bedroom chair button tightening gently as you go.