Remember those tea towels I purchased last month? Well I made something with them yesterday. Some cushion covers. They are so easy. No Zippers. Basic sewing skills only!
- Decide what size you want the cushions (mine were 45cm x 45cm) as the inserts are made to set sizes.
- Lay the tea towel down with right side facing you.
- You need a backing piece of fabric, I used some old pillowcase scraps (see photo #3). Place this piece of fabric on top of the tea towel right side down.
- Cut a out your square leaving 3-5cm seam allowance. So my fabric pieces were cut in a 50cm square. Keep scraps for ties later.
- Keeping fabrics together as before, sew all around the edges leaving a 15-20cm gap in the middle of one side. This is your opening to insert padding.
- Turn your creation inside out. You should now have something resembling a square cushion cover, fabric right side out now.
- Grab some cutoffs from the tea towel, I used the seam ends, and sew on some ties either side of your gap. This will hold your insert in.
- Insert the cushion and tie your side ends together.
I am by no means an avid sewer. This is only my 2nd project on my new machine "Sandy".
I didn't use pins, tacks, zips nothing except a ruler and some scissors. So please don't tell me you cant do it! Have a great weekend everyone. Talk next week. Regards, Simone xx