It's no secret I love vintage doileys. Today I decided to make a brooch.
- You will need 3 small round doileys.
- Gather them together by weaving some cotton in and out on a needle (pictures #1 & 2). Pull the cotton tight until it gathers and tie the ends. Cut off any excess.
- Glue the 3 gathered doileys onto a brooch back (I used my trusted glue gun for this).
- Turn the brooch over, you should now have 3 little doiley flowers with centres begging to be decorated (picture #4).
- I used crochet flowers (ebay) for the centre (pic #5 & 6) , but you could use anything. Hot glue gun them in place.
- Lastly attach to your favourite shirt and go to the nearest bar for a champagne darling! It's Friday after all.
Have a great weekend and don't forget about my Cath Kidston giveaway drawn next week. Simone xxx