I found this stool at the local junk store for $10. When I saw it I immediately imagined what I would do with it. Here's what that was:
- Remove the top of the stool.
- An easy undercoat? Grab a can of cheap white spray paint and spray it all over.
- I then used 3 coats [ wait 1 hour between coats] of white gloss exterior paint [ it is thicker and hardier than normal paint I find].
- Grab some vintage fabric [I used a vintage bedsheet].
- Lay the top part of the stool down and cut our a circle shape leaving enough fabric to cover the sides [as well as a little extra for stapling in place].
- Believe it or not I used an ordinary stapler to secure the edging.
- Screw the top back on the stool base.