I hate zips! I was inspired to make this cushion cover from a disused pillowcase, and old cushion and some embellishments from Ikea. It's best to use a striped pillowcase cover so as you can cheat the straight line seam/sewing.
- I used a 40cm x 40cm old cushion but you can use an insert.
- Place the insert into the pillowcase and move it hard up against the sleeve/flap opening [this becomes your no zip entry!] pic 3 #.
- Cut off the excess length so the cushion sits tight inside.
- Take the cushion out.
- Turn the pillowcase inside out and sew the cut edge together [you should now have 3 sewn edges and the original opening/flap of the pillowcase].
- Embellishing the top. I used these crochet embellishments from Ikea [$4.99 a set] and some fusible webbing [ebay].
- Cut out the webbing to the approx size of each embellishment.
- With the iron on wool setting, press down hard for 20 secs per embellishment or until webbing has fused with the fabric.
- Insert your cushion again and enjoy.
As stated yesterday, I am off for a girls long weekend ! So excited. Will be back early next week! Take care. Simone xx