Monday, February 14, 2011

Thank-you & Winners

When I started flood relief last month I had no idea of the generosity that my followers and readers would show. Over 90 donations! From a child who donated $5 to a $200 donation from France. Every dollar has gone towards immediate relief. Thank -you thank-you. We helped so many people. Thank-you to my dear friend Jody. You are the best. Thank-you to my husband and daughter who put up with my early rises and long days away from home in those first few weeks.
As promised I will host a lunch at my place in Brisbane on March 20th 2010. I used to draw the winners. Please if you cannot attend, let me know so I can re draw your place.
The winners are: Maryann (mariondee-designs), Lilly Cottage, Kelly's Quilting Kits, Michelle Ryan [from Townsville], Mandy [ from The Gap], Tiffany [ from Forresters Beach NSW], Jeanette [from Birkenhead S.A], Tiffany [ from Guanaba] and Jody & I make 10!
Hope you can all come!
winners have been contacted with further details.


  1. Oh how fabulous. What a wonderful idea - a lunch. Won't that be a hoot! Congrats on all your 'flood mud' work. The devastation is still there behind the scenes, after all the news media has stopped reporting on it. I walk past homes every morning..... still dragging out sodden belongings... heart breaking.... and you can still smell it everywhere :( You have made such a difference Simone. Someone needs to host you a lunch! A-M xx

  2. How lucky I am to be one of those attending your lunch, I am so looking forward to it and I am so proud of you and all the work you have done for Flood relief. You and Jody make a wonderful team and I look forward to meeting you. Kiss Noises Linda

  3. Thank you so much Simone for inviting me and I would have dearly loved to come but unfortunately being in Adelaide I just can't make it but well done for the big effort you and your friend made and do have a lovely day and thank you lunch xx

  4. congrats to the winners, I always forget you are ahead of us in time till I arrive here. happy valentines to you.

  5. such a good thing you girls did..and if you need to narrow things down to qld ..pick me, pick me. Seriously though this was one of the best things you could have done, Mel xx

  6. oooh that sounds gorgeous...
    10 of you around your big ol'table....

    enjoy ladies!

    melissa xx

  7. I am so glad your efforts helped so many and that some lovely Aussie bloggers will get to spend an afternoon making new friends and celebrating your country's road to recovery.

    Your blog is always so inspirational, but this took it to a whole new level! Kudos to you and Jody.

  8. Congratulations to all for a great job.

  9. So glad it all went to a good course Simone, you & Jodi were so kind to give up so much of your time, but hey what a great corse! Have a lovely lunch looking forward to hearing about it. :)

  10. Congratulations to all of those very lucky ladies.
    Pam x

  11. Well done for all your hard work. I'm sure it was greatly appreciated by all those you helped.
    TDM x

  12. Simone congratulations on the fabulous job you did to help with flood relief


Thanks for your thoughts. We read every comment and appreciate your feedback.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin