Here are some lamps I recovered this week for a customer. She wanted black base lamps which are not really my taste but I must admit the result is beautiful and I am very happy with it. Recovering lamp shades is not that difficult as long as the shade is white and the cylindrical type.
- Lay your fabric out and use the shade as a tracing pattern.
- Using a light HB pencil, lightly trace lines both sides of the fabric as you turn the shade around end to end.
- Cut out your piece.
- Using spray adhesive, give both the wrong side of the fabric and the lamp shade a good dose of glue.
- Let the glue sit for a minute.
- Carefully attach the fabric to your shade.
- Fold the end over to meet neatly.
- Choose some trim and add with a hot glue gun.
See you next week. Simone xx