At first I thought this was a piece of vintage fabric. That was until I unwrapped it! After picking up this up for a few dollars at an op shop I couldn't resist making my very own floral basket pillow for my outdoor chair. A tiny bit kitschy I know. But nevertheless I fell for it!
Firstly I cut out my fabric in the basket shapes.
- With right sides together sew all the way around leaving a gap at the base to stuff filling.
- Turn pillow right side out & push all the edges out.
- Stuff with some pillow/cushion stuffing. I always use an old pillow that has lost it's mojo. I always keep stuffing to recycle.
- Sew the bottom edge closed with the machine [you could insert a zip if you want].
- I added a pink bow using some left over bias binding tape. You could use anything.
Have a great weekend everyone.