Picked up these chairs from Ebay recently. $15 the pair. And although the style was perfect, the fabric on the seats was not. Having a mix of kids and dogs around the table frequently it was time to recover them in something more "practical".
Here's what happened:
- Seats were removed by unscrewing joins underneath.
- Oilcloth was the decided fabric choice for the recover. Yes, just wipe it down with a damp cloth when the spaghetti sauce falls down on it.
- Seat bases were laid down on top of the fabric and 2 pieces were cut. Leaving enough room around all the edges for the recover.
- Using a staple gun pull the sides up and staple securely all around. Use good tension.
- Re attach the seat bases.
This pattern also comes in Blue and Red.
20% off this weekend on ALL oilcoth. Use coupon oil20.
Happy Crafting. Happy Weekend!
Simone & Jody