Friday, January 27, 2012

Project Day: New Cupboard Lining

Next week we have some very exciting visitors coming to Beach Vintage so things that have needed doing are getting done around the place. Including the front doors of the kitchen pantry. Some of you may recall the previous covers were patchworks of vintage wallpaper samples. After 2 years they were looking a little worn out.

Yesterday was time to jazz them up a little with some oilcloth. I used this design. Simply cut roughly to size, smear some white craft glue quite generously all over the front panel of the doors and smooth down with an oven glove. Leave to dry for a few hours and trim with a ruler and stanley knife. ( No they are not my hands but, alas, my husband is now even involved poor bugger).

I also completed something similar in the bathroom a few years back and it's still looking great.

Have a great weekend everyone.
xx

15 comments:

  1. Have a relaxing weekend! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks wonderful. I love oilcloth. I may have to do that to my lake house bathroom sink doors. What a cute idea. When I was a kid, we used to cover our school books with oil cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love what you have done here! i think i need to try something similar in my girl's bathroom :)
    thanks for the idea! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...craazzzzy about the way it looks in your bathroom & your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow looks great!
    Lovely against the white and floorboards! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi guys, looks fabulous and you make everything look so easy!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the patchwork but this is great and I bet will be easy to clean... Have you still got a little graffiti artist or has she grown out of it? Hope u get lots more done its hard in this weather I find xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it! and the floors too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm, can you come over my house and do this?! My cutting and pasting projects NEVER look this good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking very crisp and festive!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore it my friend...thank you for sharing. oxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow- just popped over from someone else's blog (can't remember who, I got lost in the journey!) and really pleased I did as I've been wanting to cover some doors for ages but wallpaper wouldn't be tough enough, and for some reason I never thought of oilcloth!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts. We read every comment and appreciate your feedback.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin