Monday, July 2, 2012

What a Way to Start my Day

I have been getting up early lately. After deciding to take on an unwanted dog from a neighbour I have been attending to her in the early hours of the morning when she wakes. This morning was so cold I was wondering how on earth I was going to get out of bed! When I came down the stairs to see Missy (our new  12month old Labrador/family member) I looked out the window and saw this.
 A large flock of Pelicans. In the 4 years I have lived here I have never seen so many altogether.
Wow, how lucky I am to be able to see such a wonderful thing as this.
Happy Monday. Simone.


  1. What a lovely view! How wonderful of you to adopt Missy. I'd love to see a pic of her :)

  2. Beautiful photos Simone!
    Put a smile on my face!

  3. a most lovely day to start the day ♥

  4. Simone you live in the most beautiful place! What a gorgeous sight! Such a nice way to start the day! X

  5. Very great of you to adopt your neighbors dog.
    I know for myself I would "NEVER" be able to give a dog up. Thank goodness the dog went to you rather than a dog shelter or abandoned.

  6. How typical of you to take on the dog! ha Classic Simone and her big heart. The pelicans are amazing. xxxx

  7. Waking up to see the sun over the water is the highlight of my day too! Wonderful sure to stop by my blog to see some of the pictures I share. There certainly is something very special about waking up to nature each morning that starts the day out right!

  8. What a beautiful place to wake up to! We have pelicans on our coast and I've noticed their population growing. They're amazing birds!
    Happy weekend:)


Thanks for your thoughts. We read every comment and appreciate your feedback.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin